Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Message From Mom


You saved me Taylor. I know I've mentioned this fact to you before in passing, but let me make it undeniably clear now...you saved me. The day you came into my life as a beautiful infant was such a turning point for me. That happy moment just happened to top off many many sad days for our family. Just six months prior to your birth, I said goodbye to my best friend, hero and Dad. It was the most difficult experience in my 26 years of life. To describe my state of mind as depressed would be underestimating it. Then, all of a sudden there was this unexpected joy delivered to me December 30, 1992. You, with your round little face, dark hair, green eyes and calm spirit spoke to my heart and said "it's all going to be okay" and my zest for life returned gradually and consistently. Since those early days, you have continued to be a joy in my life.

I recall your toddler years with your cute bob haircut and pudgy little legs carrying you wherever your sister Kaitlyn ventured. You would stand at the screen door and wait for 2 hours for her to come home from preschool so she could pull you around again in the green wagon. Watching your Dad run beside you on a 2 wheeler bicycle and letting go and seeing your determination and fear battling each other to steady the bike and ride on your own is ingrained in my mind forever. Seeing you dance at your dance revues over the years in pink lace and tights and watching with every step your confidence grow was a gift to me. Your toothless grin was priceless and unforgettable to me especially as you attempted to eat your cob of corn in frustration and the way you spoke as you proclaimed you had a 'loose tooth' and couldn't do it. The crack of the bat and the flight of the softball was music to my ears as you took off and ran the bases all the way to home plate to sounds of your teammates yelps and your coaches praises (Mom). Volleyball games, and school plays, and football games where I watched you reach out and lift others on that field with your enthusiasm and kindness were memories to treasure. And, then letting you go to college nearly killed me Tay... A mere 10 miles away! But, seeing the challenges you would meet there helped me realize what a stalwart young woman you had become. And now here we are Tay. You have accepted the call to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Norway! As you stood at that pulpit Sunday and delivered your talk, I marveled at your grasp of the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You said you have come to understand a part of the power that comes from that infinite and eternal gift. I felt great comfort as you spoke and great pride as well. I know that you know!!! I know you know He will be your constant companion and that the Holy Ghost will be your guide. I know you know that when you are on the Lord's errand, you are entitled to the Lord's help. I know you know He loves the Norwegian people and they are His. I know you know having the Spirit be the teacher is more important that language fluency, gospel scholarship, or scripture mastery. I know you know that your Dad and I know beyond a shadow of doubt that Heavenly Father lives, Jesus Christ is His Son and directs this church through the prophet Thomas S. Monson and that you CANNOT fail when you obey their teachings. You are a beautiful daughter of God, and a priceless gift to us Taylor. I will miss you Tay. But, I know you are doing the will of the Lord. You have our undying love and support and faith. Go LOVE the people and teach them truth. You are a great example to me.I love you. Wherever you go, my heart is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment