Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Angels and Answers!

Well, well, well. So we meet again!                                                               Aug, 5,2013

I hope you all had a lovely week! I know that I did. :) We are just loving life here in Beautiful Norway!!!  It began last week with taking our favorite trainer to the Train Station and saying goodbye. That was rough. That was probably one of the most depressing days of the mission so far. Especially when Søster Nance and I looked at each other and realized that neither of us can really speak this language yet. So that was certainly going to make for an interesting week!
It was certainly the most relaxed PDay of my life so far though. We did a little shopping, did emails, and just relaxed. Then we gathered ourselves together and we were off to go to do some street kontakting. We were walking up and down the gågate and no one would listen to us, as usual, and it stung a little more than usual. Then we looked up and there was a woman standing there. Her name is Hanna. We had met Hanna several times before and she would always come up and chat with us. She was always very nice but just not interested. But this time, for some reason, something was different. She said, after talking to us for a minute, "Would you like to come to my house and teach me?"
My little sweetheart Linea who always takes my nametag and wears it with this smile on her face

I definitely did not see that one coming!!! Say what?! You just asked us?! We didn't even ask you! Oh you blessed soul!! We were so excited! She was an answer to prayers! We loved meeting with her! She had heard a lot about us. And I hope we were able to answer her questions in the best way. :)
We met with Merete several times this week and we were blessed to have our three favorite golfers back in town for the week too! We were talking one morning before we were going to go teach Merete and both Sister Nance and I looked at each other and said, "I feel like CC needs to come on this teach with us." We asked her, but she had some guests over that we didn't want to pull her away from. So we just said, okay next time then.
Well the next day we went to dinner with CC, Lolly, and Reeve. And guess who was there!!! Søster Wheeler and her amazing parents! We were so excited to spend some time there with them! During dinner CC asked us about our teach that we had asked her to come on. It had ended up being an incredible teach anyways, but we still felt like we needed to get CC with Merete. We mentioned her name and CC looked shocked! She said, "What is Merete's last name?"
Taylor wearing the outfit I sent her and holding the picture of the temple card her Dad gave her when she was in his Seminary Class

Sister Nance and I were quite confused at this point, worried that CC was going to tell us something terrible. But instead she utters, "She's my 2nd cousin!"
CC's family had not been supportive of her joining the church, and now here we were. All together at the dinner table. CC a member of the church, and Merete getting baptized! Not only was that an answer to our prayers, but I know that the angels were there making sure that this would happen! I know that the angels who are related to these two women are working so hard on the other side to help us do what we need to on this side. I know that the Lord works in mysterious ways, but that as we just do the things we need to and follow the promptings of the Spirit, nothing can go wrong.
Søster Kultorp. The incredible woman that I told you about last week. On Friday her daughter passed away. Let me tell you something about this woman. She has the strongest testimony ever! She KNOWS without a doubt that the plan of Salvation is real. She knows that she will see her daughter again. And as Søster Nance and I ran some flowers to her with our condolences, I have never seen such peace in a persons eyes until that moment. And again at church. It was a beautiful Fast and Testimony meeting. Everyone that bore their testimonies talked about the angels that they see in their lives. I know that angels are real, I know that they are around us always, to bear us up, to help carry our burdens, and push us just a little futher in the right direction. I know that.
The Bishop's sweet girls!

As I knelt down and held Søster Kultorp's hands after church yesterday. As I looked in to my beautiful bestemor's eyes. I saw the peace that comes from learning to trust completely in the Savior. "I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort that sweet sentance gives." I know that. And I know that I want to acheive the same peace that Søster Kultorp has in her life, in my own. I have a long way to go, but the first step is to start.
Yesterday we spent the rest of the day with Familien Langbach, Familien Olsen, and Familien Pedersen. It was Biskop Langbach's 50th birthday party! What a great experience that was! What great people! I will attatch the pictures from that!
I just want to tell you all that I love you! Thank you for your examples, and for your testimonies! You strengthen mine daily! I know that as we begin to turn our lives over to the Lord, one thing at a time, we will be so blessed, and we will know true peace in life! Keep the Faith!
Always! 
Søster Roe 
Pictures

2 comments:

  1. As usual, Taylor, a day brightener! Keep going and doing well. The Lord is blessing you and His work through you. Sis Pinkerton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue, your comments on Tay's blog make my day! And make Tay's brighter!!! Thank-you...

    ReplyDelete