Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hello! Well another week has gone by.                                                             Aug 26, 2013

Lets be honest here, that week kind of felt like an eternity long! So much happened this week! On Monday,On  I found a winter coat. It was freaking expensive, and I almost just didn't buy it, but it's quickly becoming fall here and all the coat sales are clearing out and are going to be even more expensive. So that hurt. (Side note from Mom: hurt doesn't begin to describe it! hahaha Coats in Norway are as much as a house payment here! I hope it's a pretty coat because Taylor will be wearing it til she is 87 years old! hahaha!)

But then for the rest of Pday we went berry picking in the skog, and played on the playground at the park! Now that was fun!
Sister Morris is Taylor's new companion
 Then Tuesday was our last district meeting all together. That was sad. But the elders know how to make a good joke. And because Sister Nance has a pet peeve about people that match, all the elders wore matching ties to district meeting. Yeah, that happened. It was pretty awesome! 


Nice prank for Sis Nance!

Then on Wednesday,Sister Nance and I got her on a train and then she sobbed as I walked away from the train crying myself. Yeah, that was a lot like saying goodbye to all the family again. I have kind of felt...empty, in some ways...with out her as my companion. Don't get me wrong, I love Sister Morris already, she's awesome and really funny! But Sister Nance and I became best friends over the past 4 months. So that was definitely rough. 

But when I called her this week she said that Bergen, although it is crazy, is great. They are opening an area there and on their first real day there they already had 2 new investigators. It took us 5 weeks to get one here, so it's very different from the little cities and big ones. That's a fact. 

Merete broke my heart this week when she told me she doesn't want to quit smoking and she doesn't want to be baptized. That was a rough day. But, then Elder Maddock made us muffins so that helped. It's going to be interesting here for awhile for sure.
 The Atonement will carry the missionaries perhaps even more importantly than it will carry the investigators. When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made a hiss and a byword, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through Him—the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


I have to tell you... I SAW THE STARS!!!



 Last night we went on a little walk just to move around while we did some language study and there were stars out! I haven't seen start since I went into the MTC, it was a beautiful thing. 

One thing that we were talking about is the commandment, that we must love others as we love ourselves. That means that we have to love ourself. That is possibly the hardest thing that I can do. I know that I struggle with that sometimes. Especially with being on a mission. And if I don't love myself, if I don't appreciate the daughter of God that I am, then I can't help others. So that's what I am working on this week. Hopefully it's successful!!

Anyways! Headed to Olso on Wednesday for a conference with the East and Telemark zones!! Party! And today we are headed to the fort in Halden with all the newbies! Anyways, have a good week! 

Always,
Søster Roe


No comments:

Post a Comment