Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Squash Anyone?

Hallo igjen,                                                                                           Sept 23, 2013

Wow! Did that week actually happen? I seriously doubt it! Well obviously it did, because otherwise I wouldn't be emailing again, but still. That went fast. 


The view on our drive to Aremark

On Monday we went golfing again with CC and Lolly. It was so much fun! And we ended our week with them too, when on Saturday we went and played squash with them first thing in the morning with their nonmember friend! It was so much fun! I love playing squash! It's actually quite the workout! Who knew?? 


Reeve took us golfing again!!! LOVE HER!
Squash!!! What a fun and difficult sport!

In the middle of the week President and Sister Evans came down på besøk, for our distrikt meeting and we had lunch and interviews with them. It was really nice. They're great. Moves call is coming up on Sunday morning, that's exciting and incredibly nervewracking. But that's how it always is. :)
Sister Morris and I were both very actively participating in church yesterday! I taught Relief Society while she played the piano in Primary. It was kind of a funny lesson for a missionary to give, on marraige and the importance of and how to create strong family relations. But it ended up going pretty well, thank heavens. I was super nervous. It was really weird to teach without a companion there to help you out. I'm definitely not used to that anymore.


Then in Sacrament Meeting Eirin and Linnea, the bishops daughters, came up to me and gave me a big hug and sat by me during the meeting and said, "We are best friends, right? You'll never leave me will you?" I just love these people, the ward here is wonderful, the members are so loving, and they have become, in a way, my family. I love them. And am going to miss them tons if I move.
The Skog (forest)


I absolutely love Sister Morris!

This week there was a day that we were just really struggling, it wasn't even nine in the morning and we just needed to get out of the house and work some things out. We drove to a random skog and just wandered through it. Praying, pondering, working through personal trials, and trying to understand what to do next. It was an incredible comfort. As I walked through that skog, the moss underneath me sometimes made it feel like I was going to fall through the earth. It kind of represented how I felt emotionally. But I never fell through. It was solid underneath, it was also just really flexible. Sometimes it feels like we can't take it any more emotionally, physically, spiritually, or intellectually. But it's always a solid foundation underneath, sometimes you just have to stretch a little, become a little more flexible. But just like walking on that soft forest ground, it always bounces back.
3 Billy Goats Gruff Scene....AWESOME
Call me the 'sheep whisperer!'

I was reading in "Jesus The Christ" By James E. Talmage this morning and came across this quote that is exactly how I feel about my prayers, especially those offered in the skog this week: "It is well to know that prayer is not compounded of words, words that may fail to express what one desires to say, words that so often cloak inconsistencies, words that may have no deeper source than the physical organs of speech, words that may be spoken to impress mortal ears. The dumb may pray, and that too with the eloquence that prevails in Heaven. Prayer is made up of heart throbs and the righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition and pure desire...Prayer is for the uplifting of the supplicant. God without our prayers would be God; but we without prayer cannot be admitted into the kingdom of God."
I know that God hears and answers the prayers of our hearts. He greatly appreciates the efforts that we put forth to pray, even and especially when our words are not able to convey the feelings in our hearts. He knows, and he just asks us to do our best. He wants to help us through the hard times, but we need to ask. We need to humble ourselves to the core. Become who we are at the core, a child of God. We need to act as such, then and only then can we truly become worthy to be His servants. I know that. And I am excited for the journey.
My prayers are with you! I love you all. Good luck with this weeks adventures! Vi snakkes da.
Alltid! 
Søster Roe

(Taylor said to tell you all how much she loves you and appreciates the support many of you show with your emails, letters and kind words. She misses you and mentions many by name and asks about how you are doing and wanted me to let you know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment