Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Stress??? What is stress anyways!

Hei Hei,                                                                                                Sept 18, 2013
Well another week has come and gone, and that is just plain hard to believe. With this next week comes my 5 month mark of being a missionary! How weird is that! See mom, it's flying by! The main thing that happened this week is that the whole mission is just plain stressed. It's kind of ridiculous!
We got a new booklet that we study, and it's called "Adjusting to Missionary Life" In said booklet we are told to take a stress test. Yep...it's not good. Sister Nance told me what she got and then she told me that I need to take it. There are three levels of stress that we can be at. Green (meaning that you are golden and don't change anything), orange (you are stressed and a little anxious, but you should snap out of it soon, and if you don't within 3 days then contact the mission pres), and red (in which case you are told to contact your mission president immediately.) Yep. I took the test.
Lets just say that the reason that I haven't been sleeping may be due to stress...the problem with that is, I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason or cause of my stress. So I don't know how to fix it yet. But that's okay. I am thinking that it's probably just a, nothings really happening in our area, I have been here for four months and I don't feel like I'm doing enough, kind of thing. It can only get better though right? The key is to talk openly about it! If you don't talk to your companion then there is nothing you can do to try to work through things. Yeah, my obsession with psychology and solving other peoples problems has come in handy on the mission, it's definitely helped my listening skills increase.

Man, what a beautiful clear lake. Norway is Gorgeous!

So, on Friday Sister Landry and Sister Hornback came.  That was good. We found a lot of people that were willing to at least give us their information so that we can get in contact with them later. So that was pretty great. And then when we were out bonking we ran into a lady and were able to teach her right then and there, so that was a huge blessing! It was really exciting and it was good to teach again! I've missed that!  


Peaceful night

Yesterday we taught relief society. That was awesome. If I thought that teaching relief society was scary back home, in English, it's ten times scarier here. Mostly just cause you're trying to lead a discussion and you yourself don't always understand what is being said...so it was interesting. But it was good. It was funny because for part of it we ended up speaking in Norwegian and then saying what we just said in English, trying to find someone to translate. It was amusing! And such a blessing to learn from the beautiful women in our ward! 

Taylor just having some much needed down time on Pday

We had a really good discussion about becoming who God would have us be. And how we have to turn our lives over to him so that He can shape us into whoever He can best utilize. I know that it can be painful, sometimes we just plain don't want to change. But it's for the best when it comes from the Lord. We can help certain people, we can enjoy our lives to the fullest, and we can overcome any challenge with the Lords help. I know that. I love you all, I pray for you! I miss you! I think about you often, and am thankful for the support and love you have shown me, and continue to show me! Have the best week you've ever had!!
Always, 
Søster Roe 

No comments:

Post a Comment