Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Brenna's testimony (Taylor's little sis)

I believe in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints with a fire that reaches every crevice of my mind. I believe in the prophets of old, and of the modern day. I believe in staying true to the pure royalty within yourself, because in that you are true to God, the very reason for your existence. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true and sacred book. If we but read diligently and with an open heart, prophets that have been gone from this earth for thousands of years come through the pages to teach you, comfort you, understand you, and feel empathy for you. Their teachings are accurate, Heavenly Father himself instructed them. I know with all my heart and mind and thread of my soul that Joseph Smith restored this gospel to the earth. At the age of 14, still a child in the eyes of many, he experienced one of the most miraculous events I think to ever take place on this earth. What a beautiful soul he has, to not be ashamed of others ridiculing him, but to march forward with an eagerness to serve the Lord in all that he did.

I have such a strong testimony of the Atonement, no words will ever do it justice. Christ has gathered me from the darkest places possible, I look on those times in my life as miracles. To me, Jesus Christ is as tangible as anything I will ever encounter. I will forever be indebted, so what else can I do but be his most faithful disciple? Jesus Christ came for me. He came to gather me into his arms, so I will never have to go astray. The world, is nothing. Worldly things; clothes, addiction, unmoral love, it's already almost in the past. This love, this gospel, this life, is forever.

I testify that I have zero courage. God is my courage, he is the one I lean on. I testify that this gospel is the truest thing on the earth today. And I know that every person that has, is, or will live is Heavenly Father's child, and he loves you more than can ever be fathomed. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the true prophet of the church, and he is God's voice and hands. I'm immensely grateful for the opportunity to live on the earth during this time, and know that my trials are what bring me closer to God. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 
     Brenna Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment