Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Girl on the Move!

Hello Drammen....Goodbye Drammen!                                                         Dec 30,2013 (TAYLOR"S 21st                                                                                                                                            Birthday)

Yep that's right!! I'm moving again!! What?! How could that be?! Where are you going this time Sister Roe?! 

Well I will tell you. I am going to a place I've never been before. A place that is completely different than anywhere I have been. It's in the West. It's got a crazy dialect. And I'm going to be with one of my best friends! 

If you guessed that I was going to be in Stavanger with Sister Nance, guess what you're right!!!!!!! Oh yeah!! Here we go! Starting the new year off with one of my favorite people in the whole world! Stavanger is not going to know what hit it! I can't wait tilFriday when We will be together again! I am still in shock!

Sister Nance was Taylor's 1st companion when she arrived in Norway! Back together again!!!

This week was crazy!!! So different than any other on the mission. I went to mass on Tuesday, and danced around a Christmas tree singing songs while holding hands with a 6 year old and Sister Hornback, until Santa came in and handed out some presents!!!
Sweet girls in their bunads on Christmas Eve where we celebrated

I ate delicious Norwegian food until I thought I was going to drop!! It was so good!! We had Pinne kjøt, and ribbe, and risen grut. And it was all delicious! I loved it! And then we celebrated...and celebrated...and celebrated. We kept celebrating all week long! We went and played sports for 3 hours with a bunch of members and their non member friends! Am I still sore from is absolutely. Was it totally worth it? ABSOLUTELY!! 

And then we had Zone Conference with combined Oslo and Telemark zones! And we got 8 of us 17 sisters that came together for a picture!! It was awesome! It was so good to see so many familiar faces! And to enjoy a little celebration together.


MTC REUNION

Oh! Also! I performed a talent at the talent show! Yeah that's right! Sister Roe's got talent....well not really. I just licked my elbow. And then Sister Evans stood up and announced that I have a "hidden talent that she probably won't share without a lot of encouragement" then she proceeded to tell the combined zones about my sheepish laughter....yep that was interesting! I had been laughing while licking my elbow....but not really laughing. But even then I heard a couple people throw out some sheep noises, trying to get me to laugh...

Needless to say it happened. Yep my laugh is out, and it's over the whole mission. But that's okay.



It's also on Youtube. Thanks so our MMK. :) Yep. It was an interesting week! http://youtu.be/YKBAEe9piQo (Copy and paste this link on you tube to view)

But to end this on a spiritual note! Yesterday. Okay. I have to start from the beginning. On Saturday after zone conference we went out bonking before we went home to finish studies. The whole time sister Landry felt like we needed to go in this certain direction. We did. We met a couple guys that said we could meet the next day, Sunday

We went to meet with them, at their house. They wouldn't answer and we couldn't find them. So then a man came in and said that we could come up and talk to his wife because he didn't understand Norwegian very well, and didn't speak English. So we went up and started talking to his wife and she shut us down too. So we went back down to try to track down another person that lived in the building. A woman came out of the door and we asked her which building we were in. She told us and then said, "Latter day Saint missionaries?!" 

And then she threw her arms around Sister Landry and started sobbing and saying that she had wanted to talk to the missionaries again for so long but hadn't been able to find a way to come back. 

Apparently she used to be a member. She wrote herself out years ago and has been looking for a way back ever since. 

I know that because we went out to knock on doors when we didn't want too, and were able to follow the spirit's quiet promptings to go where we went. And to talk to the two young men that were our way to find Lizzie. God knows His children. He knows exactly what they need and how to give it to them. And he can, and does, place us in exactly the right spot.

The Lord has placed these 2 girls together again for a reason!

Be aware of your surroundings. Always be looking for opportunities to serve and share the joy of the gospel. God will supply them, and you can be someone's angel. We just have to ALLOW God to work through us. 

I love you all, miss you all! Pray for you all! 

Always!!
Søster Roe

PS We don't really have much as far as birthday plans today. Just going out to dinner, and we'll head over to our MMK's house for cake tonight. Weird to think that I'm 21!! Even weirder to think that it's 2014 this week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment