Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cherish your Trials

Well Hello There!                                                                                               Dec 23,2013
So, Norwegians know how to do Christmas. Today is Lille Jul Aften, which is the eve of Chrismas Eve. Then we have the BIG celebration tomorrow, Jul Aften, and then we have 1st Jule Dag, 2nd Jule dag, and 3rd Jule dag. oh yeah. This is gonna be good!
We have plans with members all week long! And boy am I excited! It's gong to be a crazy fun week! And til slutt we have a combined Zone Conference in Oslo, with the East and Telemark zones! I am pretty excited! I'll see a lot of the people that I came to the land with! So that will be awesome! 

Just a random Christmas tree but so pretty!

This week was interesting! This past week I hit my 8 month mark as a missionary! That was a really weird realization! And then I had an even weirder realization. I'm turning 21 in a week.......wow. When did that happen? But ah well. 

Then we had a member middag this week and it turns out that the members that we ate with, me, Sister Hornback, Elder Weaver, and Elder Nilsson, their son is Kjetil from the Fredrikstad ward that both Elder Weaver and I served in! That was a fun moment! Kind of a funny moment. But hey, it's a small world! 
We had a lesson this week that we had to give the baptismal commitment 5 times....but it wasn't because he said no. It was because he didn't understand the meaning of the question. It took some practice! 

We also had a pretty awesome moment!!!! THE OLSEN'S CAME TO VISIT DRAMMEN!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah! It was like coming home, when they walked into the church yesterday! It was such a blessing! I love that family!! I have missed them like crazy! 
I believe this is the Olsen's daughter??? Or the Bishops's?
Help me out Sister Morris!???

Also we sang in church yesterday! It was fun! Sister Hornback and I sang and Sister Landry played the viola. It was kinda crazy. But it was really fun. We sang a song called "When Mary Sang Her Lullaby" and it was really pretty!! 
"I would have loved to have heard Taylor sing "When Mary Sang Her Lullaby"
I still have to figure out a Christmas present til Sister Hornback without her knowing what it is. We got Sister Landry done while she was gone. But we have nothing for each other...we'll figure it out today. 
When studying the other day I found something that I thought was really interesting. I was reading in  first Peter 1:7 it says "That the trial of your faithbeing much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:" 

How is it that a trial can be precious? That was intriguiging to me. That trials are precious. Then last night we were out knocking and a man asked us why good, righteous, people have such hard lives. And that was when I connected the two things. 

Trials are precious because they help us become the people that we need to. They mold us into the perfect tools for the Father. They keep us humble, and teachable, and in the end they are the moments that we learn the most. 
I am thankful for trials. That we have to opportunities to learn. To grow. To change who we were, and become who we can. 
We have trials. We all have different trials because we are supposed to become different people. God loves us. Do we cherish the opportunities to learn? 

I am so thankful for the chance that I have to learn, to hopefully become better every day. Merry Christmas everyone. Love you! Miss you! Thinking of you! 

Always!! 
Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment