Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Half way mark already!!!

Hello Family and Friends                                                                                 Jan. 13, 2014,

Have you ever noticed that when you are half way through something...a project...a homework assignment....a recipe...a mission....that you suddenly notice all of the things that you should have done FOREVER ago and that it's now too late and you just have to make do with what you've got? Like when you make a batch of cookies and you realize that instead of putting salt and baking soda you just put in salt twice? 

Yeah....welcome to my brain right now sitting at half way through these 18 months that are...usually...from Heaven.

Yep. I am going to hit the 9 month mark on Friday...am I freaking out about it? Not in the least...well I'd like to be able to say that at least. 
Oh mountains...it's been so long!

Up until now I have had an incredible mission, don't get me wrong I have loved EVERY SECOND of my time here as a representative of the Lord, but in the past week I have been noticing all of the little things that I do now, or that have been different, that I wish I had done the whole time. 

I don't know how to explain it....I'm kinda just rambling. I tend to do that. But still the point is. I only have 9 months left of this adventure, and I have to make sure that they are the greatest they can possibly be! Let me tell you about something that is going to, and has already been, helping me to make it just that. 

His name is Erland. He is an awesome kid that referred himself to the missionaries. He wanted a Mormons Bok because he wanted to know more about the church. We have been teaching him since then. Never before have I had an investigator be so excited about the gospel! He loves it! He is literally "feasting upon the words of Christ" And is already almost in Alma. 

The last teach we had with him he said a couple things that 1) shocked me, and 2) made me think about myself.

The first thing was that he LOVES the fact that we have 3 hours of church on Sunday! And the other was when he asked US what fasting is and if he could try it. 

I mean really, who asks questions like that? But that made me think! Do I personally LOVE the gospel like that! Do I really enjoy all three hours of church, every Sunday? Do I use them to help me spiritually grow and develop? Or do I use them strictly for social purposes? Do I love the principles of the gospel, and want to live them and use the Atonement in that way? 

I'm telling you this kid is incredible. I am so thankful for the chance that I have to teach him, and to LEARN from him and his enthusiasm for the gospel. 


Beautiful rainbow...sign of hope

So here we go. Another week ahead of us here in Stavanger, where it is slightly snowing! And barely covering the very green grass! Sister Nance and I have a very full busy week ahead of us and are thoroughly looking forward to the adventures of the adventures of the week! 

Quick quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard: "The Lord does bless His missionaries...difficult languages are learned with astonoshing speed and skill. Financially strapped families back home find unforseen means to support their missionaries. Weaknesses become strengths, challenges become opportunities, trials become triumphs, and adversity becomes an adventure  in the service of the Lord."                               

I know that is true. I have seen it in the past 9 months in my missionary life and in the lives of other missionaries. I am so thankful for the blessings of a loving and gentle Heavenly Father, and the atoning sacrifice of His son. I know that it is through the atonement of Jesus Christ that we become better, that these "hard things" are made able. I love the Lord. I love my mission. I love you all! I pray for you all! I miss you all! 

Always!

Søster Roe

PS HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! I hope you have the best birthday ever! I love you so and pray for you always! Consider yourself hugged! Always, Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment