Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Book of Mormon changes Lives!!!

"Hello....is it me you're looking for?"                                                                     March, 17, 2014

Well this life just never stops and never slows down does it! Another transfer is coming to a close! Sister Nance is abandoning me once again and leaving me and Stavanger to go to Arendal with Sister Hansen. Sister Thurgood and I will be trying for survive this crazy rainy weather here in Stavanger together!

But that's okay, it happens. I mean I guess when you've been together for 7 out of the 11 months of your mission...right? 
I will miss Nance!

This week the Young Women kidnapped all the missionaries and Elder and Sister Haugen and made us a delicious dinner and they wore mustaches and were Italian waiters! :) It was delicious!
The YW and Brother and Sister Haugen....such a fun surprise!

I have to tell you! Erlend has "The Glow". It is awesome! Before he got baptized every time that we would ask him how he was doing he would say "okay." But now when we ask him he says "super!" or "wonderful!" Wonderful is right! He got the preisthood on Sunday too! So we are just so excited for him and it's wonderful watching him grow! 

We met with Eirin a couple of times this week as well. She is amazing. We had a prayer in our hearts that we would know if we needed to invite her to receive a preisthood blessing when we went to meet with her. And as we talked with her it was confirmed that, that was exactly what she needed. She started crying when she found out that she could receive one. And the blessing was beautiful. The spirit was so strong. And her faith does not cease to amaze. 

As she was getting ready to leave, she asked for a triple combination. We gave her one to begin studying it, and then she said "I'll give you the other book of Mormon back to you so you can give it to someone else."




And before I knew what was going on the words coming out of our mouths were a challenge to her for HER to give away the Book of Mormon to someone who needs it. I know that the Book of Mormon changes lives.
Life Changing Book!

The stress of our apartment is still there, unfortunately. Tonight is the showing so we had to be out of our apartment early this morning so that our Landlord can come and do who knows what to get it ready. That was rough this morning! Especially with the fiasco that it has been trying to get rid of our old wardrobe. But it's all taken care of, FINALLY. 

The poor elders in our district, they have only seen me stressing out to the max. And Elder Taylor yesterday asked me "are you breathing now? Now that you don't have to worry about the baptism?" I just looked at him and said, "No...because the list goes on and on." But you know what that's okay. It's always good to have something going on, keeping you busy. I just need to manage my stress more. 

Also I am so soppingly soggy everyday (except for one beautifully sunny day that we studied outside in a park on the swings!) that I think I am going to have to finally just cave and buy some rain boots. Especially because it's going to rain all week long! 

I got a institute student manual for the Book of Mormon at the end of last week, and I have been studying with it in the mornings! Can I just say I love Mormons Bok? I love how on every single page it talks of Christ, and testifies of Him and His divine mission here on Earth. I love the eternal truths and principles that we learn in it. I love that it JUST MAKES SENSE. 

In Jacob I was reading and it says, "Oh be wise, what can I say more?" When I read that I just thought to myself, "Straight up! Jacob! You know what you're talking about! How did you get so smart?!"

There are so many precious truths to be gleaned from it's pages. I know that as we really FEAST upon the words of God, that we will be uplifted. It is not just spiritually that we are uplifted, fed, and benefited! But temporally! If we will just learn to apply the wonderful teachings that are in every verse, we will be so much happier. We will see more success in life. We will have more strength in times of trial. We will have more comfort in times of sorrow. 

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God. It brings light, life, and understanding. Especially when coupled with the Bible. I wish that I had taken more time earlier in my life to really study it. To love it. But it's never too late to start. 

I love you all! I miss you all! I pray for you all daily! 

Always!
Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment