Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Missionary Sisters sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked!

Hallo Alle Sammen!                                                                                          March 31, 2014

Well how are you all?! Life here in Norway is beautiful! The days are filled with sunlight, and laughter! I really think that between Sister Thurgood and I we literally laugh constantly! Hello six pack! Welcome to my life! 

We also had the great opportunity of going to a spinning class that a member teaches this week! I really need to get into spinning when I get home! I mean really! It was so much fun!!! :) :) The whole time that we were cycling I was smiling and laughing and the member would look at me and just start laughing and then yell in her mic "kom igjen folkens!" It was the greatest 45 minutes of exercise on the mission thus far!
My companion....Sister Thurgood

Then I have to tell you about Erlend! The kid is a better missionary than I'll ever be! He is so cool! He had member missionary experience yesterday, where he was on the bus and sitting next to a stranger. He talked to her and invited her to come to church! What?! We taught her yesterday and are teaching her again today! It was a really exciting moment! Then too! He blessed the sacrament yesterday and I was so excited for him! It was just a cool experience! :) 

Wanna know a fun fact of the sister missionaries here in Stavanger!? This past week we walked 70+ miles!! What up! Yeah, I have a pedometer on my phone and it is based off of my bmi and measures my steps, calories burned, and miles walked! It's pretty handy, I will tell you that we average 18000 steps a day. Yeah...missionaries! Be prepared to walk! A lot! It's pretty great! 
Crazy Taylor being herself!

On another note. We had the "stuck inside your head" song by Julian smith stuck inside our heads all week long.....yep. We may have sung it everywhere.
The Christus! Just like the one at Temple Square...one of 3 in the WORLD!

We also went to one of the churches in town for studies one morning! And in it is the same statue as in the SL visitors center at temple square, there are only three that big in the world. Salt Lake, Stavanger, and in Denmark! :) Cool eh?

Well I love you all! Miss you all! Praying for you all!!

Always!
Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment