Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A child's pure testimony changed everything!

Hallo!                                                                                                             May 12, 2014

Well Happy Mothers Day yesterday! Okay, is it just me or did the time between Christmas and Mothers Day just FLY by? Goodness! And it's frightening to think that I have that amount of time left on the mission. I mean seriously people! I don't ever want to leave Norway! Honestly! 

Norway has become home, and so I am just not going to even think about leaving my home here.

So this week. We were blessed to be able to meet with our three deaf investigators again, which was wonderful! They are awesome girls! Iza, Weronika, and Marita. The spirit that attends their lessons is amazing! So strong, and you learn so much! We are extremely blessed to be able to meet with them and learn from them! I honestly don't know why I have been so blessed throughout my whole mission. But I have been, I have learned so much from these wonderful people that I have met, taught, and become friends with here. The Lord knows His children. Each and every one of us, individually. He knows exactly what we need and how we learn. I am so thankful for that. 
 

Anchor yourselves to Christ!
 


We also had a cool experience with some member missionary work! 

A family in the ward invited us over to dinner and had also invited a non member family to join us for dinner. It wasn't weird, or tense, or awkward at all. They were wonderful member missionaries and just talked openly about their beliefs all the time, using the church vocabulary was one thing that I noticed that they used so that it could open up an opportunity to ask questions. 
 
Man, we sure have fun times together!!! Love it!

But at the end of the dinner we had the spiritual thought. We talked about eternal families and showed a Mormon Message. (http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2119328537001)

At the end of the message we asked the kids (boys 9 and 12) what they thought/ felt during the video. The 9 year old actually ended up bearing his testimony to his non member parents that he could feel God's love and knows that he is a son of our Heavenly Father! His small utterance of truth was incredible, the spirit that he brought into the room by saying, "God knows me" was so strong and impacted every single heart in that room. 

It was amazing, especially because in the scriptures we read about how the Lord used children to get the message across, but here I was seeing this happening before my eyes.  The power of a child's testimony is incredible. Pure testimony changes lives. 
Yep, broke the puller! Need a fix!

Anyways, that's all that I have time for today. Gotta run! Have a great week all, and I'll talk to you all again soon!

Always!

Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment