Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Developing Peace

Kjære Søsken,                                                                                             June 9, 2014

I have so much that I want to share with you all this week! I just hope that it comes out in a semi-organized manner! Guess we'll find out! 

My ouchie....yep I still biff it now and again!
Okay. First I just have to say, love has been a huge focus for me this past week, so that's what a lot of this is going to be focused on. And it all started with Tuesday. I was walking through the church contemplating my life where I've been, where I'm headed, and where I would like to go. Then I heard President Uchtdorf say, "Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely!" Someone was listening to a talk. But I just happened to tune in to exactly what I needed to hear.



God loves us completely. Wow. What a statement. I mean I know that God is perfect and capable of complete perfect love. But for me to hear that, I don't know. It hit me all over again and I was overwhelmed with feeling that love! But that was just the first time that I would feel that this week.

Later Tuesday night we were headed home and I had some food in the church that I wanted to grab. We agreed to cut through the church on our way home, cutting off some time that we would be on the street to do it. Then on the bus both Sister Shaw and I were thinking, "Why? Do we really need the food? It's a waste of time." We decided to just do it anyways. But we didn't have to wonder why for long. 

We went to leave the church, opening the front door, walking out, and we nearly tripped on a guy that was sitting on the top step soaking up the sunlight. We talked to him for a second and then he said, "I am here because I want to be happy. I am jealous you guys. I am missing something in my life and I think your church has it. I need to feel loved."

Sis Buhler and me having a good time

How many people are just wandering around looking for the love of God? Are we willing to share it with them?

Then later that week I was told the following, "You think that when you become a mother you will never be rude to your kids. But you don't realize that your children are an extension of yourself, you treat them the same way you treat yourself." 

That was quite the moment. I got thinking about it and I realized, I would be so mad if anyone treated my children, or siblings, or friends, the way that I treat myself I would be appalled! So I decided that I have got to start with me, cause I deserve the same kind of love that others should have. Then I thought of a couple of the things that I need to change in myself. I thought of Ether 27:12. God gives us weaknesses for our benefit, we should not be happy in our weaknesses, but we can definitely be happy about the opportunity to grow and make them strengths in the Lord. Right? #workingonit

Now I have to share with you, we taught primary yesterday. We didn't really have much of a lesson plan, but we just went in to the 8-9 year olds class and started talking about God. Then one of the kids in the class said
How many peopleare just wandering around looking for the love of God? Are we willing to share it with them?


Then later that week I was told the following, "You think that when you become a mother you will never be rude to your kids. But you don't realize that your children are an extension of yourself, you treat them the same way you treat yourself."


That was quite the moment. I got thinking about it and I realized, I would be so mad if anyone treated my children, or siblings, or friends, the way that I treat myself Iwould be appalled! So I decided that I have got to start with me, cause I deserve the same kind of love that others should have. Then I thought of a couple of the things that I need to changein myself. I thought of Ether 27:12. God gives us weaknesses for our benefit, we should not be happy in our weaknesses, but we can definitely be happy about the opportunity to grow and make them strengths in the Lord. Right? #workingonit


Now I have to share with you, we taught primary yesterday. We didn't really havemuch of a lesson plan, but we just went in to the 8-9 year oldsclass and started talking about God. Then one of the kids
, "I don't know if God loves me."

It was one of the greatest moments ever! We were able to take the three kids outside, we all knelt down together and said a prayer and then went off to different spots to pray and listen to the spirit. When we called the kids back together it was incredible to hear their testimonies and experiences of feeling Gods love for them! Their experience as well as my own made for an extremely spiritual moment and a whole lot of love. 

In my dads talk at my grandma's funeral he talked about how my grandma had developed peace in herself. I want that peace. Can remember always feeling her gentle, peaceful spirit in her home, and all around her. I hope to one day be able to exude that kind of peace! Goal in life. Develope peace. Love myself and love my life.
I want the kind of peace Grandma had!

I know that Heavenly Father loves us. he is so aware of all of us, he wants the best for us and is going to help us to become our best! I love you all! I miss you all! I pray for you all!

Always!

Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment