Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Powerless!

Hallo!
                                                                                                June 2, 2014

Well folkens. I'm in Trondheim and, after a very emotional week, writing home once again. Tuesday was quite a doozey! I said goodbye to one of my favorite places in the world, not to mention my favorite people. Saying goodbye to Thurgood and Celine was absolutely terrible. Lots of tears and hugs involved in that goodbye. 

My view as I boarded the plane to transfer

Plus on Tuesday in the middle of packing and finalizing things to leave, I got a phonecall from President informing me that my Grandma Lenna Roe had passed away. I was sitting on the couch talking to him on the phone and I kind of just collapsed at the news. I didn't know what to do other than just cry. So I did. I cried hard and long, surrounded by the love of my two incredible best friends Thurgood and Celine.

It was a tender mercy to have both of these dear friends with me when I received the phone call.

Then before I knew what happened the Haugens were there to pick me up and take me to the airport! Goodbyes were quickly uttered and I was in the car on my way to the plane. At that moment I thought, "I can't take all of this at once. I am going to break."

Then I had a beautiful moment on the flight, we were flying above the clouds, I was staring out the window, and the thought was had that I was as close to Grandma Roe as I had been in the past 14 months. I started crying again and the flight attendant came and handed me a tissue. 

I felt her presence as we elevated through the clouds! I loved Grandma Roe so much!

But now I'm here, and we're almost a full week into the transfer! I love Sister Shaw, she has an amazing exuberance for life and she loves this work. I have never met someone so dedicated, or dilligent at Sister Shaw. She's a sweetheart and I am going to learn a lot from her I think. 

The thing that kept coming back to me this week is that WE CAN'T DO THIS ALONE! And we don't have to. Heavenly Father has given us all the resources, we just need to take them. Alma 26:12. Do I fully understand the power of the Atonement? Absolutely not! Am I continually learning more through the experience of applying it? Heavens yes! Will the Atonement of Jesus Christ make all things possible unto us? Yes. 

How merciful, the plan of our Father in Heaven is. He is so aware of us and of the things that we need!

The four of us share an apartment! Sisters Buhler, Shaw, Burns and Roe!

I saw that this weekend when Celine stopped in for church yesterday on her way back to school! What a tender mercy that was, it was so needed, to be able to feel comfortable in the new ward with my best friend beside me. 

Goal for me this transfer? Learn to believe that I am good. Learn to believe that I am worth the love of those around me. Learn to allow myself to feel the pure love of Christ. I can't wait to go to the temple again and feel of the overwhelming peace and love that fills the Lords house. It's so needed in my life. I love you all, miss you all, pray for you all!

Always!!

Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment