Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday America.....from Norway

HELLO ONE AND ALL!!!

Goodness gracious what a week it's been! And let me tell you it has been an extremely warm one at that!!! It's so humid that I feel like I'm going to drown from being outside! At night time my favorite spot to sit is on the window sill because it is just too hot inside, and outside....there is no neutral! It's kinda nuts, especially for Norway, especially for this far North in Norway!

Ah well, life is good! My amazing little brother is going into the MTC on Wednesday of this week and that is just bizarre to me! I am so excited for him, and I know that he will be able to accomplish wonders in Taiwan! I'm so happy for him! 
Porter and Taylor....both missionaries!

This week we had some pretty cool experiences! We were out banking, we do that a lot since the whole city is on vacation and all the students are gone, therefore the streets are rediculously empty. But that's aight. So back to the story, we were out banking and we found like 6 potentials in a row that we got appointments with, which was awesome, but we wanted to teach someone right then! 

The next house that we banked on the man opened the door, was super open to talk and wanted to hear more, then he mentioned that his girlfriend was upstairs and we could talk to her too. So we did. They're aweome, super open to learn and have super strong faith already in God. It was really fun. 
We know how to celebrate America's 4th of July!

Then we also taught another woman, who straight up told us that she's looking for the right church, because God should only have one church, and there are too many Christian churches in the world today. When we told her that we have the true church, and that we are led by a prophet today just like in the bible she got so excited! She said, "I want to read this book. I want to come to church, I want to find out if this is true!" 

So that was cool! It's always nice to see that you can still find people, even though everyone has run away for the summer. :) Sometimes they even come find you! We were out banking....on a different day...and my phone rang, it was a number I didn't recognize, but I answered it, cause that's what missionaries do, ya know, answer the phone even if they don't know who it is on the other end. And he said that he had met the missionaries in the winter and had been out of the country, but now he's back and wants to meet with us. Kan du sei BLESSING?

We celebrated the 4th hardcore this year! It was awesome! We had a huge ward party with a bunch of investigators and non members. We had god mat, had a quiz about the states, and the best part of the night? The missionaries were incharge of teaching line dancing! PARTY IN THE USA.....except for the fact that we're in Norway. :)
We had lunch in this cool little restaurant, courtesy of a sweet couple here!
 

We danced for the better part of an hour just teaching line dances, it was so much fun to look around at all the people and see their huge smiles, some of them even clapping along! It was a great moment! 

That's basically our week this past week. It was pretty sick. :)
Our party group! Had a blast!

Something that is kinda cool is, I'm reading the book of Mormon and going through and highlighting all of the references to Christ, His attributes, or His words. But today I went through and wrote the different names used in the back of my copy of the book of Mormon, I'm almost done with 2nd Nephi and so far there have been around 25 different names used to refer to the savior. The best thing is that each of these names represent the man, the son of God, the redeemer of the world. The savior of my soul. He is merciful, loving, full of grace, understanding, patient, and just. He is all of this and more and it is because of him that we have the blessings we have, the knowledge, the understanding, and the comfort, in this life. I am so thankful for my savior and for the Book of Mormon, which really, truly is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. He is found on every page, in every word. I love this book. I know it is true. 

I love you all! I miss you all! I'm praying for you all!
My companion and I are ready to celebrate!

Always!
Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment