Monday, July 14, 2014

Hotter than Hell...and I am not cussing!


God Morgen Alle Sammen!                                                                       July 14, 2014

Okay, let me explain, I'm not swearing with the subject title here, haha. Just outside of Trondheim there is a city that is literally named Hell. So yes. And Trondheim has been incredibly hot this week, even hotter than Hell at one point! :) 

We went to an Island last pday! Greatest thing ever! It was so nice and the fjord was fantastic, I've missed seeing the fjords all the time! So it was wonderful, we just chilled out there on the island, walking barefoot through the sand, it was glorious! But it was also just the beginning of the heat! 

Then before I knew it Porter was going to the MTC and I was on splits with the sister training leaders. It was really good. I usually really struggle with stl visits and I feel super stressed out the whole time. But it wasn't that bad this time, even with nearly 5 hours of just street contacting, which is my least favorite thing to do! 
Elders enjoyed the beach

But it was super cool! We talked to a lot of cool people, taught this one guy that was super cool. And let me tell you, the gospel changes people. We were teaching this guy and at first he was saying, "I don't believe in God and I never will." Then as we talked to him about God, who He is and how He can help us through life, his statement changed slightly to "I'm not ready to believe in God."

It was a super subtle change, but a change none the less! We have been meeting with him everyday since that first meeting. It was a really cool experience. And it got me thinking, how has the gospel changed me? Not just my life, or my situation, but me as a person.

And it really has, I mean because of the gospel and my relationship with my Heavenly Father, I am better understanding my worth as a daughter of God. I am changing, it's a gradual, subtle process. Sometimes you can't see any change whatsoever. But it's there. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life, to be able to look back and see how it has and does continue to change me.
Selfie on the Beach... My Taylor is looking good!

We had a workshop meeting all day long on Thursday, it was actually pretty great! I mean I was definitely not looking forward to the planned 7 hours of practicals, but you know what. It was actually a great experience. It helps that we have some awesome missionaries that just love to enjoy the work in our zone and that help make the practical interesting. But yeah. I feel like I learned a lot from that, about how contacting, banking, and such can actually be fun!

After we had the workshop the whole zone went out for kebabs! :) Here's the deal. The best kebab, this is a debate found frequently discussed among the missionaries. Personally the best kebab I've had on my mission was in Fstad. Kebab house in fstad to be precise. I mean it was sersiouly amazing! I still remember it even though it was about a year ago. But I will say this, Sesam's kebabs here are a pretty dang close second! Mostly because of the homemade pita....just sayin'.

It was a really good teaching week this week, even though all of our members are bortreist. But hey! It works, and we continue working. 

I've been thinking a lot about the atonement. And how it is part of the process of becoming better, of changing to become more like God. More perfected in Him. I am so thankful for the changes I have seen in my life, for the hurdles I have jumped over, and with the help of the atonement, I have cleared them. God is real. Because of His son, Jesus Christ, all things are possible. This life cannot hinder us from reaching our divine potential. Only we can do that. God loves us, His children!

I love you all! I miss you all! I'm praying for you all!

Always,
Sister Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment