Monday, July 21, 2014

Trondheim Take 2

What up, what up?

Well folks, transfers are this week! And I am going to be staying here in Trondheim for at least another 6 weeks, partying it up with my new companion, Sister Robins! It should be great! 

You know how sometimes you are walking down the street and you think to yourself, "I am so glad that it's Friday!" But then two seconds later you realize that it's actually only Tuesday....yeah. That was what this week was like. Which was weird, cause we were just as busy as we have been the whole transfer, this summer definitely hasn't slowed down the missionary work at all, and we were running around like crazy. So why did this week feel like it was an eternity???? I decided that it was because of moves call. The anticipation of moves call is the absolute worst thing in my life. Just sayin. But it has come and gone, and so has yet another week! Goodness gracious, that's weird. I don't have too many weeks left on the mish........not thinking about that though. 

FLast pday was super chill! We just walked to gamle brua, and took pictures and ate some deilig sorbet, and then walked over to Nidaros Domen and took some sweet pictures there! It was a much needed, very relaxing day! :)

For you Porter... I am learning!
We had this sykt awesome Chinese party!! It was so much fun! Porter! I learned how to write some words in Chinese!!!! OH YEAH! :) But it was super fun, we had tons of chinese mat, learned some chinese words, painted them, and played games! It was super cool! And the best part?? We had more nonmembers there than members! That was kinda fun to see!!! 

Also, this week I was told by one of my leaders the following; "12 weeks left. That's all you've got! Your job now is to enjoy the journey. Do what it takes, but enjoy it." 

That was crazy! Especially when they said, "You're basically done!" Automatically I said, "No I'm not! Not even close!!!" But I know that this is going to fly by! Especially with the changes in companions and or areas this transfer and possibly next. We'll see. 

As Sister Shaw and I talked about it this week we decided that the most important thing we can do is make sure that we are creating the right memories for our missions! 

Nidaros Domen
We ended up eating dinner at 2000 one night, so we went to the grocery store, bought some ice cream on a stick and sat above the river and just chilled eating our dinner and talking. I think that was one of the greatest moments, for me, of this past week. Being able to just sit still and appreciate the beautiful country that I live in and how much I love this place! 

We met with this super cool guy this week! He started sort of investigating the church about 10 years ago, and has been slowly reading through Mormons Bok. We met with him and were just setting up some expectations, and he said, "I believe that this book is the word of God." We said awesome, so, what's the next step for you? His reply, I kid you not, "Well, I need to come to church. Then I need to get baptized. I can't give you a date that I can get baptized yet, but  I can in a week, does that work?" 

What?! I didn't really know what to say to that! How prepared can a person get?! Haha It was an amazing experience! What a huge blessing! He's super cool and I can't wait to meet with him again! :) 

Life is good, Norway is gorgeous, the work is progressing, and so am I. Live in the moment, love the moment. 
I love this beautiful country
Made Great Memories with Shaw

I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you feel of Gods love!

Love you all! Miss you all! Praying for you all!

Always!
Søster Roe

1) Chillin at the river!
2) down by gamle brua
3) flowers at Nidaros 
4) My chinese abilities!! ;)
5) gamle brua
5 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment