Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Priest, a Prince and Preparation!

Ka skjer?
Aug 25, 2014
Well people, can you believe it? This upcoming week marks the end of yet another transfer! Can you guess what that means? So begins the last transfer of my mission. There you go. I said it. It's out there. As weird as that is, there it is in black and white and I don't know how I feel about it! Men, sånn e det bare!
Beautiful flower I loved!

Anywho. This week. We had a cool opportunity yesterday to hear from Elder Clayton M. Christiansen of the 70. He's in Trondheim doing a seminar for NTNU, the local university, and he came and gave a fireside for the members and missionaries here yesterday! It was awesome! It was all about member missionary work and how we can do it! Today all the missionaries are going out to lunch with him, his family, and the guy from NTNU. That'll be kjekt. :)

You may be wondering what the subject title has to do with this week. I will tell you. Cause that's what I'm here for. :) 
Out contacting in the rain! Loving it!

We were teaching a man from Uganda this week. He is super cool! We were talking about the importance of knowing for oneself that the gospel is true when he said, "Yeah, cause I'm a prince, and if I go back home and say, 'Everyone we are no longer catholic but now we're Mormons, they will follow without question.' And then I had to wonder, did I hear him correctly? Did he say prince? Yes. Yes he did. So there you have it folks we are teaching a prince! 

But the crazy doesn't stop there! What do you do when you walk into an appointment and your investigators priest is sitting on the couch ready for the discussion!? Well....that was a bit of an awkward moment! Haha. We were discussing the atonement that day, so it wasn't anything contradictory to their beliefs already, and it was very simple due to a language barrier, but it was nonetheless interesting. :)

We also have been preparing for the up and coming stake conference with Elder Bednar! He is going to be doing a training meeting with the missionaries too, so it will be awesome! We're getting spoiled up here in Norway, Elder Dyches, Elder Christiansen, and Elder Bednar? But hey, I ain't complainin'. :) 
Beautiful Melhus Church we saw this week

This week we went on many an adventure, we picked wild raspberries and ate them while contacting, we took a trip out to Melhus, and cut through a couple cemeteries. Basically I just love my life right now and am praying that the Sisters in Trondheim all stay the same this move! 

One thing that I learned this week is that we always have to be creating the picture of our lives in the way that we want them to end up. Does that make any sense? If we want our lives to say something specific we have to always work towards that specific goal. There's a quote from Richard G. Scott where he says, "We become what we want by consistently being what we want to become each day."

If I want my life to be one way, I can't wait until the last year, day, month. hour, or even 10 years, to make it that way. Because my life does not consist of such a short amount of time. If I want to be Christlike I have to start now. If I want to be thought of as kind, temperate, patient, funny, happy, or whatever other quality I want, I must begin now to be these things so that someday, it really is a part of my personality. So that one day it is not just second nature, but first nature. Be who you want to become. That is what I thought a lot about this week. 
A gal from Boston who visited Trondheim sent me this photo after they had taken the group out for dinner! What a fun surprise for me this week!

And I'm so grateful that we get to choose who we are; that our circumstances or situations don't dictate our reactions or personality. I am so thankful to a loving Heavenly Father that gave us the opportunity to decide for ourselves who we are, and who we want to become. And then, on top of it all He gave us His Son to bless our lives and make it actually possible to change who we are. We are blessed.

I love you all! I miss you all! I pray for you all!

Always!
Søster Roe


1) Contacting in the rain!
2) Gorgeous flower!
3)  Super pretty church in Melhus

3 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment