Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Aurora Borealis!!!

Eg vetkje kor eg sku begynne.

This has been quite the week folkens! It was one of those weeks that felt like it was 3  weeks worth of time thrown into one week, but not in a bad way...just in a very long way. 

We had a great weekend though! But lets start, as per usual, at the beginning! :) Last pday we were so exhausted that after getting the things that we needed from the grocery store we literally crashed for the day. I napped off and on and wrote in my journal. But mostly we just chilled. 
Trondheim Fjord

I am really happy for this transfer now, it's in the swing of things, I love the household, once again, and life is good. Sister Hunt is a hilarious new addition to the household and she is an amazing woman! She has gone through a lot of crap, but I have never seen someone so optimistic and so aware of what they want out of life! She's a fantastic example to me! 

On Tuesday there was a Europe Womens Broadcast that we watched, it was so good! Among the speakers were, Elder Texaira, Elder and Sister Hallstrom, Sister Kearon, Elder Bednar, and Elder Ballard. It was so good! 

I loved what Sister Kearon taught, she shared an analogy of when we're making a bed and we leave the hard to reach corner for last, but if we do the hard corner first then the rest of it is a piece of cake. She kept reminding us to "Do the hardest corner first."

It made me think of the plaque that my mom sent me for the mission that says "I can do hard things." First, how important it is to know that, and second, not only can I do hard things, but sometimes I have to do the hard things! 

We are so lucky to have such great leaders, at every point in our lives, to help guide us through life. 
Down by the river

Then on Friday we got a text about the possibility of seeing the Northern Lights that night...we weren't sure if we would actually be able to see them cause of the city lights and because they wouldn't peak until sometime between 2200 and 2400, well after we had to be in our apartment in the middle of the city lights. But guess what people. At 2155 if anyone walking on the street below would have looked up, it would have been to see 4 sister missionaries hanging out the window looking northward to see the beautiful northern lights being painted through the sky. I never thought that I would actually get to see them, especially at the end of my mission now. But I was so happy!!!!!!! It was awesome! #legit #missioninnorway (Tell Ron!)

Then Saturday was super good, as we were able to begin teaching a boy in the ward to help him prepare for baptism, and he has an amazing family! Love them so much! We are so blessed here! Seriously! 
A postcard capturing (sort of...doesn't do it justice) the Northern Lights

Now this week we're going to go crazy trying to get everything ready for a baptism (praying that it goes through) as well as having zlt, interviews with Pres, and burnimonies...yeah this is going to be quite the week. Bring it on!

I can't believe how fast/slow time goes simultaneously! Skilled thing, time.

Well, until next week folks! Love you all! Miss you all! Praying for you all!

Always!
Søster Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment