Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Learning to trust in the Lord's Timing

Kjære Søsken!                                                                                                    Sept 22, 2014

What's up folks? Goodness this past week was just a whole lot of crazy and hectic and wonderful! I love this life! Did you know that? Okay, I'll tell you again, I LOVE THIS LIFE!!!!

We are so incredibly blessed as children of God to be able to be here to live, to learn, to grow, to develop, and to become the people that He would have us be! What a blessing this life is! 

Dandelions blowing in the wind

This week seemed to fly by, not giving me enough time to do everything that I needed to do. But I was able to accomplish the most important things and that is what matters most, right? 

Well, let me tell you a funny story real quick before I move on to the more spiritual part today. We were going out to contact one day, finally having a break between appointments that was long enough and as we went to walk out the door Sister Robbins and I looked at each other and said, "Let's go teach someone."

And off we went, crossing the bridge and heading into town looking for someone to teach. Well we found her, and what a blessing that was. She was/is so curious about the church and the gospel and it's kind of making my life. She was asking us some wonderful questions and then she said, "Lets find a place to sit down." So we started looking for a place to sit. Then she says, pointing to a building, "How about on those steps?" We say sure! Then as we walk towards the building we read the sign above the door. It was the local Baptist Church building..........well we couldn't really tell her no now. So we sat on the front steps of the Baptist Church and taught her a lesson. 
The 4 roomies at The Fort!

But wait, the day got better. 

We then were continuing on our way contacting, when we came to a cross street. There was a man coming across, towards us, and the sun was right in our eyes making it so that we couldn't quite see him clearly. Sister Robbins stopped him and as we turned to that we could see him we saw that he was actually a catholic priest, all dressed up, and ready to go. 

Keep in mind, this series of events happened within 8 minutes of itself. 

The last thing that happened was that we stopped a guy, introduced the church and asked him if he had ever heard of it before. He looked as Sister Robbins' name tag and said "Sister Robbins' church?"

She, just said "yeah!" And we kept talking to him! It was so funny though! As he walked away, leaving us with his number, we realized the strange series of events that had just occurred! Oh my goodness what a day that was. We decided that we should probably just head to our next appointment.
visiting the fort!

But the amazing thing from this week, was definitely Charles. 

Charles is someone that we have been teaching since just before I came to Trondheim, and when I first got here they were thinking about dropping him as an investigator. He had a baptismal date with me and Sister Robbins before that we felt very strongly about, but that he kept insisting wasn't the right timing. As that date slipped by we were a little frustrated and slightly discouraged. Especially because statistically that situation doesn't usually work out.

But two weeks ago, Charles got a new roommate. Someone from his home, that understood where he was coming from, and who is very supportive of Charles. He came to church with Charles and at a lesson with Charles, in which we needed to be able to solidify his baptismal date so that we could really get the ward moving with it, he was so supportive and encouraging. He kept saying, "Charles you are going to have an amazing day." And "Charles you can do this, and you don't need to worry about falling away, I will help you."

This lesson taught me that Gods timing is perfect. Now obviously I have had these lessons (specifically this one) taught to me a billion times over the past 17 months, but here it was taught to me again. 
Charles' Baptism!

MY OPINION OF TIMING IS IRRELEVANT COMPARED TO GOD WHO KNOWS ALL THINGS, AND ALL PEOPLE PERFECTLY, AND WHO KNOWS EXACTLY HOW, WHEN, AND WHERE, THINGS NEED TO HAPPEN. 

Sometimes I am sure God probably puts His hand to His forehead and says, "Sister Roe?! How many times do I have to teach you this? I know what I'm doing."

Thanks to God's impeccable timing, everything worked out exactly how it was supposed to. God loves His children. And this weekend as Charles entered into the covenant of Baptism with The Father, I felt confirmed to my soul once again that God loves me, and Charles, and everyone else in that room that has entered into covenants with Him, as well as the reminder to always remain faithful to those covenants.

I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father allowed me to be a part of the learning experience with Charles. I am so blessed!

Today I took about a million pictures I think. We had pday at the fort in the city last week with a member, and this week a different member took us on a tour all around the outer deler av byen. Det va fantastiske!

I hope that you all have a fantastic week! I will be sure to do my best to have as many wonderful adventures in Norway as possible this week, and will be sure to report back to you next week!

Love you all! Miss you all! Praying for you all!

Always!
Søster Roe

1) Dandelions blowing in the wind, with the river and Nidaros in the background. :) I had way too much fun with my camera this week!
2) Us 4 sisters at the fort.
3) Charles baptism!!!!! 
4) Me on top of a mountain overlooking the fjord and greier
5) Today we spised reindeer with bacon and mushrooms and potatoes and veggies. Deilig!!!!!
5 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment