Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Unforgettable Experience

Hello again! :)                                                                                                      Sept 8, 2014

Well people! I am tired! Haha, that was the most exhausting, exhilarating, fantastic, frustrating, uplifting weekend of my mission......other than Conference weekends...I love those too. Haha It's a tie. But really it was amazing!

We had the sisters conference all day on Saturday at the mission home and it was so great to be with all of the sisters! We had some great workshops about confidence, time management/obedience, and språk. It was so fun! It was amazing to be with everyone! Especially my sisters from the mtc! We talked a lot about our missions, "the good ol' days", and the future! I am constantly amazed at the caliber of women that I have been blessed to work with and serve around! I learn so much from each and every one of them!! It was so weird to hug them goodbye and hear or say, "Hey! See you in 5!"


The 17 miracles :) That's what the elder's have dubbed us as!

Seriously, that's going to fly by! 

But yeah. I loved it! We were so blessed to be able to stay in the mission home for three nights with some of the sisters! And we had a great time! :) 

We talked a lot about the impact our missions will make on the rest of our lives and our children's lives. This is only the beginning of the lessons that I need to learn in this life but I am so excited to continue learning, and hopefully be where I'm needed when it comes to jump starting my life in the right direction!
Our entire mission

Especially when we were talking about confidence I couldn't help but think of the quote that I have heard that says;
 
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."Marianne Williamson
Reading the good word!

How true is that? I mean how often do we cut ourselves down, as women especially, because we are convinced that we cannot possibly be good at something.

Then Sister Pitts pointed out that in Ether 12:27 it says, "...I give unto men their WEAKNESS..." Note weakness. Not weaknesses. Yes we have weakness, but it is because of our mortality that we are weak, all of our other characteristics are a part of our eternal identity and can be molded and used to better ourselves, and those around us. We should not limit ourselves.
Flying back into Trondheim this morning...beautiful

Then the Bednar conference. I don't need to tell you that it was amazing. I think you already know that! Haha But really it was so good!

At the stake conference he taught two groups of people. Those who are not members, and those who are. I loved it! He taught with clarity and consistency. It was simple and direct. 

He taught that we, as members, have the responsibility to just be ourselves. We are a peculiar people! We are weird! He told us, "Just be weird! And then when people ask you why you're weird, tell them!" 

We are believers of Christ. We keep the commandments and that is all that is needed to invite people to learn more about the gospel! To be ourselves, and live our religion!

I just have to share one thing that he told to missionaries later in our three hour training with him. We were doing a question/answer session with him and we were talking about teaching by the spirit. 

He was talking about how we just have to jump in, go for it, and trust the spirit will give to us, "that portion which is meted to every man."

Then he said, "Do you think Peter knew how to walk on the water before he jumped out of the boat? Absolutely not. But he had to jump."

I loved that! We all come to moments that we say to ourselves, "I can't do that because I don't know how it's going to turn out, or how I would accomplish that in the first place!" 

WHO CARES!? Just do it! If you are on the path of the Lord, and you have studied, and you have faith in the Lord and Gods plan then everything will work out exactly how God wants it too. So jump in. Do the things He asks, and trust that He is in charge. 

We are so blessed. So very blessed! It was amazing to be with all of the missionaries! And to be able to actually say goodbye to so many that I didn't think I would see again before I went home. This is the most amazing opportunity, and it is the kind of experience that changes you forever.

I love you all! I miss you all! I pray for you all!

Always!

Søster Roe!

ps

1) lunsj on the fjord this week
2) språk study by the river :)
3) 17 sisters!
4) MTC group re-united
5) flying into Trondheim this morning! Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment