Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Run and ye shall obtain

Kjære Alle Sammen,                                                                                               10/13/14

Well people, this is it, my last email as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. What an adventure it has been! I cannot believe that it is coming to a close, and honestly it scares me. I can't help but ask, "Have I learned all the question's I'm supposed too?" and "Have I become the person that God needs me to be??" I mean no pressure, but we're on missions to change and become. I just hope that I have changed for the better. 

Beautiful Kaitlyn and Beckett!
I am so happy for my family! I just have to say my sister is amazing! And now she and her husband are the proud parents of a newborn son! His name's Beckett! And I cannot wait to meet him and teach him some legit Norwegian!

 Call us Grandma and Grandpa!!!
But I have a few things I gotta do before I can do that! The mission isn't quite over yet, and looking at tomorrow's crazy schedule just confirms that! But let me tell you about this past week!

We have been teaching this 9 year old girl for what seems like ein halv evighet! She's had a shaky baptismal date for a while too, but this week she finally said YES to baptism and we are going nuts throwing it together for this coming Sunday. I am so thankful that she's finally going to go through with it! She's going to be so thankful someday! (As well as right now obviously)

Today I am just super thankful! I love this life! I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to serve the Lord in this amazing place, to get to know these incredible people, and to be able to make life-long friends! 
5 wonderful girls!!!

But more than anything I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. His sacrafice for us, the fact that he came to earth, he lived, he endured temptations, persecutions, sorrows, and frustrations, that he suffered and died for our sins, all so that we wouldn't have to do it alone. I am so thankful for a loving Redeemer that knows me and what I am going through. He gets it! When no one else does, when no one else is allowed to see how frustrated, tired, impatient, or uncharitable you may be feeling; When no one else understands the joy you feel out of something so simple as a rainbow in the sky or a beautiful word; When you think that there is no way that anyone could understand, or that no one see's there is always someone. He knows. He feels. He loves. He sympathizes. He listens. He helps. And He invites.
Sunday Evening Sunset

One thing I have learned about this gospel is that it is a gospel of invitation. We are never to sit still, we are meant to progress, forever. And we are the only one's that can do that for ourselves. No one can invite you to learn, or to become better. There are certain things that we can do to help others recognize their capability to change or to become, but they have to decide that it's something they want. 
Deep Fried....Delig!

At the beginning of this adventure, when I was preparing to leave on my mission I shared an experience about learning to love yourself and how in life it is not a leisurely stroll through the park but that it is often a hard run that is uncomfortable and possibly even painful at times. I shared the following scripture;

First Corinthians 9:24: "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain."

That has been my mission. Whether literally running for buses (like this past Saturday all day long) or running an emotional or mental marathon. But every second I have been able to know that we are running for the greatest prize, eternal peace, eternal life. 

I am excited to see you all again! I can't believe that 18 months have gone by so quickly! But it has! #sånnelivet

Mom and Dad are coming to pick me up on Thursday and we'll travel around Norway a bit before we head home, so until then, and for the last time on this blog, farewell my friends!

Gud vær med deg te me sees igjen!

Always!
Søster Roe

1) District pday last week :)
2) The sisters and Majken last week
3) Deep fried food party with Pelle...probably not the healthiest...but is was deilig!
4) Sunday morning sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment